As a business leader, you know that business processes are being digitized in new and exciting ways. And you know that entrepreneurial skills help: fail fast, test new ideas, be agile and collaborative. At FORE, we call it a „Digital Mindset“. This bespoke 1-week Innovation Journey in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley/San Francisco immerses you in such a mindset and stimulates.
FORE and StartupCon have teamed up to help you navigate the fast-moving world of technical food innovation. Meet with the world’s leading food entrepreneurs, chefs, food and beverage producers, farmers, technologists and investors to obtain the knowledge and tools to build and adapt strategies for your business.
We work with small groups at executive level within companies large and small. We focus on subject matter expertise for knowledge sharing, business opportunities and potential partnerships. The Innovation Journey is limited to a group of 12 executives so that even the smallest startup can still host us.
December 2nd – 6th 2018
LA / San Francisco & Silicon Valley
This 1-week “Future of Food” Innovation Journey travels from Los Angeles to Silicon Valley and San Francisco. In a small group, we will discover the latest food startups in Los Angeles and Silicon Beach. We will learn how new technologies like Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain will impact the food industry. Then, we will fly to Silicon Valley and San Francisco where we will immerse in the startup ecosystem and meet with industry experts, academics, and pioneers that are shaping the future of food.
We will set up meetings around the following 4 key themes:
To be part of the “Future of Food” Innovation Journey, please register here!
Innovation Journey: “Future of Food Retail”
February 25th – March 1st 2019
San Francisco & Silicon Valley / LA
This 1-week” Future of Food Retail” Innovation Journey travels from San Francisco/ Silicon Valley to Los Angeles. In a small group we will discover the ever-changing retail environment where grocers and online food retailers are constantly innovating and utilizing technology to ease the consumer shopping journey. Then, we will fly to Los Angeles where we will learn how the latest retail startups are finding ways to use technology to streamline business operations. From robots to the use of Artificial Intelligence, technology is paving the way for a grocery experience unlike anything shoppers have seen before. Attendees who want to dive deeper have the option to travel on to Shoptalk in Las Vegas (March 3-6th 2019) – the world’s largest retail & ecommerce conference (tickets not included).
We will set up meetings around the following 4 key themes:
- Technologies transforming food retail
- Reaching shoppers – the future of Marketing
- Next Generation Retail Experiences: Ecommerce and Omnichannel
- In-store technology / POS
To be part of the “Future of Food Retail” Innovation Journey, please register here!
Every Innovation Journey is custom-designed around the 4 key-themes based on the group’s interests and business challenges. The final agenda will be developed together with the attendees.
Here’s an example of a day in LA:
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast briefing “Hollywood and Storytelling” and orientation
- 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM: “Where would you sell your organic plant based burger? Speak to the founding team and learn why the meat aisle has proven to be a successful strategy for the startup.”
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM: “What if you can eat anything you want without regret? Check out the latest gastronomical Virtual Reality experience which allows you to eat and drink in a whole new way”
- 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM: Expert Lunch “How Blockchain can save our food”
- 2:30 PM : 4:00 PM: „Cook with an autonomous robotic kitchen assistant that can learn from its surroundings and acquire new skills over time thanks to AI.“
- 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM: “With the rise of influencers, movements in food are not longer defined by editors or brands. Meet a Hollywood influencer and learn, how powerful social media has become, and its potential to further reinvent how we market”
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Check out the latest retail shops on Abbot Kinney.
- 7:30 PM-9 PM: Pop-up Dinner with guest speaker and debrief
Get inspired by the latest food technologies, products, and services.
Obtain the knowledge and tools to create YOUR business ideas.
Develop an entrepreneurial mindset to infuse startup thinking into your organization.
Grow professionally and personally by getting connected to a global network of industry experts and other industry leaders.
Los Angeles , the city of angels competes with New York for the title of the nation’s culinary capital, and LA might just be winning. Furthermore, Silicon Valley and San Francisco engineers are trying to hack the food industry. Tech firms and investors believe they can transform food the way Apple changed phones.
Simone Lis infuses startup energy from Silicon Valley and Silicon Beach into corporate culture to help international executives to navigate the major digital shifts. With deep links into one of the largest startup ecosystems in the world, her understanding of cultural values – and differences – combined with her business acumen has enabled her to help numerous businesses innovate.
For more than 15 years Simone has worked with international companies, PR agencies, innovation consultancies, and world-beating startups across a vast array of industries e.g. retail, food, Marketing & entertainment.
She has developed corporate innovation concepts for Google, 3M, Miele, Red Bull TV and Deutsche Post and supported AirBNB through its international growth in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- • 4 nights with breakfast at a 4* Hotel in Los Angeles/San Francisco
- • Curation of a bespoke weekly program, inclusive meetings with LA/Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley/San Francisco startups, companies and experts
- • All ground transportation during events
- • 1 domestic flight
- • Welcome reception and drinks
- • Two expert dinners plus 4 business lunches
- • Tour accompanied all the time by a FORE representative in Los Angeles & San Francisco/Silicon Valley
Not included in price
International flight to USA, food not mentioned in schedule above, other transport not mentioned above, baggage fee and travel insurance.
*We require a minimum of 8 participants to be registered by September 26th 2018 (for the Future of Food Innovation Journey) or October 31st 2018 (for the Future of Food Retail Innovation Journey) respectively.